Life is an adventure of the heart, an adventure into love

Tuesday 4 January 2011

I love this:

"I long to accomplish a great and noble
task, but it is my chief duty to 
accomplish small tasks as if 
they were great and noble." 
- Helen Keller 





Today, Amber and I de-Christmassed the house. I usually find this part of the New Year very satisfying, this year, being pregnant, it was extra- satisfying! We got to work, me with secateurs, Amber with a small pair of scissors, with which she snipped away tiny bits of Christmas tree and put them in the bin liner! It was very cute, and she was in her element! It's always so good when we can do things together, when she can be part of family life. We then proceeded to cleanse the room of anything Christmas, and then Amber used the hoover for the first time, and she LOVED it! She spent hours sucking up pine needles, and then, when she was satisfied that her work was done, we cleaned and re-arranged the room. It now feels very clean and spring like (even though it is not quite spring I like to pretend that it isn't far away!).


Here is the after pic:




I am now exhausted and hoping that I haven't been silly and triggered early labour! It is so nice to sit back in a fresh, clean space though, it really does feel worth all the hard but fun work! 


"The ordinary arts we practice everyday at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." Thomas Moore



No comments:

Post a Comment