Life is an adventure of the heart, an adventure into love

Thursday 16 June 2011

Recharging

The beginning of June was really busy for me, with Amber's birthday and lots of inspiration to draw and get ideas down on paper. After Amber's birthday, things have felt a little slower, the inspiration seems to be flowing more in the direction on having some down time. It is so important when you've been busy to allow yourself the time to have a break and recharge. Here are some of the fun things I've been up to:

Lots and lots of cuddles with my baby (he really knows how to chill out!)


Proper Sunday tea (it has actually been quite cold and grey this week, the perfect excuse for a cosy fire!). We laid out the food and I was quietly taking photos whilst Jonny was playing with Jireh, I could hear Amber stocking up her plate and talking to herself as follows: "I'll have two cheeses, a strawberry, a carrot...."etc, needles to say her plate was full and ready to go before we'd even started! She makes me giggle!

Retail therapy! We found these child sized, sparkly high heels, Jonny wasn't sure if he approved of a little girl in heels, but I found them completely irresistible. Amber has asked me to remember them for her 5 birthday!

Pottering in the garden. I finally gave the garden some much needed love and attention, it doesn't look like much, but it will do for now! I planted some chamomile, chives, lavender and a few flower seedlings, I guess I'll find out if rabbits are partial to any of the above! 


Sewing. Ah hem, I am just a tiny bit proud of how this turned out! We have been learning free machine embroidery at my sewing class and I love it. It just feels like it's something that fits with a lot of what I love and I have so many ideas of other pictures I want to make. Next step is to turn this into a cushion!

And finally... Lots of THIS!


It's amazing how lovely and fulfilling such simple things can be. I realised the other day that so many basic things we do every day are so incredibly pleasurable if we take the time to enjoy them. Eating, sleeping, hugging, showering, cleaning our teeth, walking, singing, kissing, dancing, sitting, smelling, looking, touching... the list goes on and I can't think of a single thing that isn't pleasurable!

Hopefully I will be fully recharged soon with lots more to say!

1 comment: