Life is an adventure of the heart, an adventure into love

Monday 25 July 2011

A nice slice from the pie of life...

Hello there! It's been a very up and down couple of weeks, but I love the way that there is always loveliness mixed in with the difficult parts of life. I loved this blog post: the glorified truth by Kelle Hampton (still one of my all time favourite blogs), she speaks about how her blog is a place where she likes to share all the good parts of life, which are just as true as the more difficult parts, it's just that we don't tend to take photographs of or celebrate the trying things that happen in our days (like, 'here is a picture of my daughter right after she wet the bed for the first time'! haha). So, on that note, here are some photos of some lovely things that have been happening over here...

My daughter amazes me every day...



She is a very creative person, and the other day she was busy as a bee, collecting all these flowers from the garden by herself and then asking me for bits of ribbon and some leaves I have in my collage bag. Turns out she was making me an anniversary gift (wrong month, but very sweet). I was blown away by how beautiful her creation was. There are two different flowers you have to lift up to reveal smiley faces underneath!

On a similar note, she also picked these flowers for me:


they came just as I needed cheering up. She is constantly giving Jonny and I presents, she has already learnt that it's better to give than to receive!

My flowers are re-blooming...


This gorgeous Orchid (one of my favourite flowers) was given to me when Jireh was born in February, and it has just grown this flower stalk and flowered again :)

This Azalea was also given to me when Ji was born and it is also re-flowering, I loved seeing the gorgeous blooms with raindrops on the petals the other day, catching the light and sparkling beautifully.


Little man had his first taste...



Jireh will be 6 months next week (I can hardly believe it) and although I was planning to wait until then to introduce solids, he started waking up several times in the night after sleeping through consistently, he also seemed unsettled in general, so I decided to taken the plunge and begin the puree factory madness! He was so sweet with the food, he absolutely loved it and couldn't get it in quick enough! Amber really enjoyed feeding him too. He is such a lovely cuddly little bundle and brings me so much joy every day, just like his sister.

Some lovely ladies moo-ved in next door!...


much to the excitement/ frustration of the big bull in the other field over the road, he was very vocal!

It actually felt like July today...


and I managed to slip out for a quiet photo walk, bliss!


And finally, a little bit of philosophy...



When I'm walking I find I process really well, and one of the things I was thinking about today was vulnerability. I loved the fragile, delicate grass seeds in the picture above, and I felt sort of connected to them in a way, as I feel so very delicate and vulnerable myself sometimes. It has been a very sad weekend in the world at large, and I can't help thinking that we can never really fully control our lives, we are all ultimately very vulnerable. Sometimes I feel like we are walking miracles, it amazes me how our hearts beat our whole lives through. I am so very glad that I am enjoying these precious moments that I have been given, that I am sucking it all in as much as I can. There isn't really anything more I would ever want than what I already have.


I hope you all have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment