Life is an adventure of the heart, an adventure into love

Monday 29 August 2011

Broken open


Once I was kept safe
inside a little white egg
protected, fed
surrounded with familiarity.

Then, one day I woke up
and stretched out my arms
and as I did
the little white shell
cracked,
open.

It scared me at first,
then I stretched a little further,
I caught a glimpse of blue.
'That Sky is calling me'
I thought.

The Sky whispered
"come up here,
be free."
I wiggled even more frantically
Shell broken into dust
falling,
all around my feet.

I couldn't believe my eyes
how vast,
how light,
how beautiful this is
on the other side.

Some were sad,
the shell was broken
Some even said
"how could you?"

All I could do
was spread my wings,
my voice a fading diminuendo
as I shouted,
"I grew too big for that little white egg
and I'm never going to fit back inside it now!"






No comments:

Post a Comment