Life is an adventure of the heart, an adventure into love

Friday 23 September 2011

Listen to the whispers inside you...

I've been processing and feeling a lot recently, but due to the general busyness of life I haven't yet been able to weave together stories and photos and post it up here.

I've been thinking a lot about the beauty of the human spirit, about the different flavours we all have and how wonderful it would be to see more people flowing in a life based around what they are passionate about. I am friends with lots of Mums due to having children of my own and it always amazes me to find out more about all these incredible women, who at the moment are all looking after children. It doesn't take long for me to unearth some secret passions! "I love jewellery, I'd love to make it", "I love music, I long to write songs.", "I want to do something creative but I don't know what.", "I love World War 2 and crime, in fact I'd love to be a police officer.", "I love to bake." I find it so exciting to see all these different passions expressed. We are all so unique and I wonder what the world would look like if we all gave ourselves permission to play just a little more with the things that excite us. It would be a wild and beautiful place I think. Somehow I believe that all of our passion would work together and somehow everything would get done and it would be done beautifully.

I think the most sad thing is seeing a beautiful spirit and all it's passion shoved away deep down where no one can access it. I was talking to my husband the other day about a friend of his and he said: "apparently he used to play the piano really well, he never learnt but he could find his way around the keys beautifully." I thought about how much I'd love to see this person lit up by the expression of their soul through the clear mellow sound of the piano keys. I thought about what it would be like if he was never able to express himself like this, how his life would be like so many others, an autumn leaf floating gently to the woodland floor and blending in with all the others there.

I know it isn't easy, I know it's a process, but if we could only begin to lift the lid of our hearts, wow, it would be so exciting! Any decision we make to trust ourselves will be one step closer to our true North and we will begin to find peace within ourselves. Begin today, wake up slowly, write a journal, walk, shower, do whatever it is that gives you space to breathe and listen to the whispers of your soul.

I read a great article this week that has been circling on Facebook, a real encouragement to go for it! Here is the link if you are interested.

So there's a little update, now for lunch, and apologies for no photography this time, I can't wait to get out with my camera and capture some blue Autumn skies! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Soph, Just read this...and after reading Steve Job's amazing speech yesterday it all rings so true. We all need to dedicate more time to doing what we love. I'm really struggling with this right now, but you're so inspiring. lotsa love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, just seen your comment, thanks Abi :) Have you read 'the Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron? It's really inspiring too xxx

    ReplyDelete