Life is an adventure of the heart, an adventure into love

Saturday 29 January 2011

Creative Collaging with Children



I absolutely love being creative with Amber, it's one of my favourite things that we do together. The other day I had the idea to make a collage together. This is an idea my Mum actually inspired when we were staying with her in September. Amber is at an age where she is capable with scissors, although this could be fun with younger children too- you would just have to cut out pictures beforehand. We both sat there with magazines, snipping out pictures, I chose pictures and words that I knew she'd love and she cut out really well too. We then spread PVA glue all over some thick red paper and she chose exactly where to put everything. We then pasted more PVA over the top to make the finished piece shiny. I love the self- discovery aspect of collaging- it's a real expression of Amber's interests, which is just beautiful.

We then decided to go one step further a couple of days later and collage a shoe box for her to keep her treasures in.

Here she is carefully cutting out...



Sticking...




and arranging...



And ...voila, the finished box!

This was such a fun project to do together, I think everyone loves to collage!

No comments:

Post a Comment