Life is an adventure of the heart, an adventure into love

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Pink 'Gerl' Lip Gloss


This is a gorgeously simple recipe for some home-made lip gloss. The recipe is inspired by one of my favourite books, 'the ultimate natural beauty book' by Josephine Fairley (who also created Green and Blacks chocolate, so a special lady!). Amber and I made this together as it is so easy to do, it also looks lovely and pink and smells delicious.The only downside is that it is a bit messy to apply and you end up with a pink finger! I will definitely be making it again though.

Did I ever mention that I want to create my own range of home-made skin creams and make-up? Well, getting my ingredients out again felt really good. One day I dream of having my own farm so that I can harvest all my own plants to use for making these products. I would love to spend lots of time stirring large vats of melted beeswax and mixing up potions with different essential oils, ahhhhh dreamy! Anyway, without further ado, the recipe!

Oh by the way, I used the word 'gerl' for fun as this is the way Amber and I pronounce the word 'girl' when we are being ultra girly and trying to wind Jonny up with 'Gerls together' chants!

'Pink 'Gerl' Lip Gloss


2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil (the original recipe uses sweet almond oil, I think you can probably use any food oil such as Olive or Coconut oil.
10g Beeswax
1 Tablespoon Beetroot juice
4 drops Peppermint essential oil


note: to extract the beetroot juice without a juicer, grate and squeeze cooked beetroot, or just buy some from a natural food store.


Gently heat the Beeswax and Avocado oil in a double boiler (a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water).
Remove from the heat when fully melted and add in the beetroot juice a teaspoon- full at at time until you get the right shade of pink, whisking all the time.
Add in the essential oil and quickly pour into a sterilised container.


Voila!


(If you have trouble finding any of the ingredients, try www.baldwins.co.uk)


This quantity filled a mini jam jar!





No comments:

Post a Comment