Life is an adventure of the heart, an adventure into love

Wednesday 14 September 2011

I don't want to forget...

I don't want to forget...

the way your hands
grasped my smallest finger
seeing your wide eyed innocent wonder
your head, downy, soft as a silky rose petal
your cry, your tiny thighs
that smooth bottom
your new born smell
how it felt when you were inside me
how it felt to hold you for the first time
how it felt to push your wet slippery body into the world

No, I don't want to forget you
you, truly beautiful to behold

your new born squeaks
the satisfaction you got at my breast
your first smiles
getting you dressed
holding you close
feeling your tiny warmth
my Mother's love engulfs us both
we are safe together you and I

No, I will not forget
even when your legs are long
and your step wide
I will not forget how once you were inside
You will always be in my heart
I have always loved you

No comments:

Post a Comment